Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-008002 Date posted: 11/08/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Cash Control Specialist will be responsible for monitoring Cash Control processes for both quality and risk. The individual will review checks, wires, ACH’s, deposits, and journals for quality. They will also review transactions to determine approval based on funds availability. During the review of the cash management processes, the specialist will also be responsible for identifying, stopping and escalating items processed that are not in line with the firms policies and procedures.
- Process Review- Review checks, wires, ACH’s, deposits, and journals for Quality, Risk, and to mitigate fraud. Daily Task must be completed in a deadline driven environment
- Error Tracking- Logging, tracking, and reporting of errors as well as communication escalations or suspicious activity.
- Report Review- Reviewing reports to confirm that items are being processed in conjunction with the firms policies and procedures
- Continuous Learning- Keeping up to date on new processes and controls, actively participating in daily huddles and monthly department and other meetings.
Other Job Duties
- DTC Review, Transfer and Ship, and Verification of Deposits- Review for Quality, Risk, and to mitigate fraud
- Confirmation Letter Review- Review for Quality, Risk, and to mitigate fraud
- Complete Database, Documentum, Siebel, items upon review- Maintain required daily SLA objectives
- Communication- Effectively communicate with teammates and management team to address issues and needs
- Minimum Education Required: College Degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 1-2 years general brokerage industry knowledge, previous Customer Service experience, and must have the ability to work a shift between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
- Licenses/Certifications Preferred: FINRA Series 7/66
Software/Systems Skills Required/ Preferred:
- Microsoft Office package
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.