ParalegalApply Job ID: R-002957 Date posted: 05/08/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a Paralegal within the Litigation/Arbitration Legal Department. This position is responsible for performing general paralegal and administrative duties to support our litigation attorneys.
- Assisting attorneys with arbitration and litigation matters including setting up file, research, document productions, bates stamping of documents, discovery requests (motions and subpoenas), review of documents produced and received (index document productions)
- Collaborating with other LPL Business Units while utilizing a variety of systems and software to obtain documents/information pertinent to the matter
- Matter management, including tracking, setting up file, and seeing the file through response and closure
- Working with outside counsel on matters as assigned which may require extensive and ongoing research to provide documents and information
- Engaging with outside providers to prepare financial analysis (P&L)
- Special projects including participation on committees or in a departmental or group initiatives
- Minimum two to three years of litigation support experience (in-house or law firm)
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems
- Must be able to interpret and communicate complex legal subject matter in clear and simple terms
- Ability to interact and communicate across business lines, and with internal and external customers
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and co-worker interaction
- Work experience in back-office operations or compliance of a financial services firm and/or working knowledge of brokerage and advisory accounts as well as prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including FINRA, SEC or State Agencies is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to manage a large volume of cases/projects and meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proclivity to ask questions and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Paralegal certificate preferred but not required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.