Payroll AnalystApply Job ID: R-013855 Date posted: 06/06/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Payroll Analyst responsibilities include reviewing payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent analytical skills with the ability to spot numerical errors.
Ultimately, you’ll help us maintain an efficient payroll process that complies with all federal and state regulations.
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Oversee payroll procedures and transactions (e.g. via e-banking)
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes
- Manage payment calendars for the fiscal year
- Prepare reports and forecasts for senior management
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal payroll and tax laws
- Coordinate wire transfers to vendors
- Ensure compliance with all compensation and tax regulations as well as internal SOX and audit controls
- Minimum 5 years as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Specialist or similar role
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software (ADP Enterprise preferred)
- Advanced competency in payroll reporting tools (ADPR preferred)
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Current CPP certification a plus
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Accounting or relevant field a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.