Payroll SpecialistApply Job ID: R-007077 Date posted: 06/28/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for performing accurate and timely processing of multi-state payrolls. The individual will exercise excellent judgment in carrying out the details of the work according to applicable regulations, company policies and procedures. The individual must maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity to ensure confidence and protection of the integrity of the payroll operations and information. The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following responsibilities satisfactorily.
This role is highly operational in nature and is heavily directed towards input and production of the payroll, including the regular biweekly process plus special payments such as bonuses, commissions and other one-time payments. This person should have knowledge of the entire payroll production methodology, a solid understanding of payroll, and be highly process oriented.
The General Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Process bi-weekly payroll accurately using ADP Enterprise
- Manage time, attendance and reporting in Workday
• Set up, reconciliation and payment of wage garnishments
• Processing W-4 additions and changes
• Preparation of off-cycle payroll checks for terminations, errors, etc.
• Updating employee records
• Preparation of both scheduled and ad hoc payroll reports
• Auditing payroll data
• Provide assistance to employees regarding concerns with payroll and taxes, research and trouble shoot any/all inquiries
• Perform other duties as assigned or required by the job
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The Experience and Education qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Minimum 5 years related experience preparing payrolls, 1000 or more employees a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
• Working knowledge of Workday HR and ADP Enterprise a plus
• PC literate (Internet, Excel, Word), advanced Excel functions and ADP Report Writer a plus
• Knowledge of accounting standards and rules related to payroll regulations and compliance issues.
• Federal State and Local tax knowledge and experience
The Soft Skills for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Accurate, attentive, detail oriented, with strong analytical skills.
• Professional and customer-service oriented with the ability to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
• Able to function in a team environment with demonstrated ability in problem solving.
• Professional telephone etiquette with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work load in order to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
• Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
• Requires building and maintaining working relationships with HR, Benefits and employees on related questions
• Demonstrates business acumen by consistently exercises sound judgment
• Results Driven, self-motivated and ability to understand a sense of urgency to payroll needs
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.