Platform LeadApply Job ID: R-008115 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Growth Technology team has a unique opportunity for a visionary leader to join as a Platform Lead. On the forefront of change, continuous software delivery, and emerging technologies – this person will be instrumental in the success of effectively envisioning new experiences for our advisors seeking to enroll with LPL. As a Technical Product Owner, this person will report into the Platform Lead, and together drive the vision and roadmap for the product, facilitate release planning, feature definition, positioning, and serve as a customer advocate within the development team. Independently the Product Owner will be responsible for ensuring user stories are ready, backlog grooming, release tracking, and story acceptance.
• Facilitation skills, ability to lead and manage group sessions to achieve an expected outcome and enable decision-making. Effective oral and written communicator.
• Influencer, ability to impact decisions by persuasively presenting ideas to internal or external teams – fostering trust, transparency, and authentic partnership.
• Agile development, ability to participate in the design and execution of a software development product leveraging agile methodology, principles, and tools.
• Product development, ability to stand up standards and best practices for how the team manages, develops, and designs a product that meets the needs of the business.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to understand what is business independence and what that means for our advisors – seek to integrate the spirit of entrepreneurship into the products that we develop.
• Vulnerability, ability to be bold – willing to do what is best for the product, even if that means not following the traditional way to doing something
• Serial networker, ability to manage a variety of relationships inside and outside the organization. Build a diverse network across business and IT, and serve as a trusted ambassador for future thinkers.
• Empathy, ability to help others, show genuine care and concern, and be a team player.
- Current/Future State Mapping
- Adobe Suite
- Journey Map
- SIPOC Mapping
- Adobe XD / Invision or any other mockup tool to convey ideas and seek alignment
- Business Process Modeling Tools
• Delivering 10X technology solutions that leverages our strengths, creates new competencies, and transforms the organization
• Enabling our advisors and business teams to operate 10X through a digital value chain that cannot be replicated by our competitors; driving the growth of LPL and our advisors
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.