Principal Business Information Security Officer (BISO)Apply Job ID: R-018789 Date posted: 10/25/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote , NC-Remote ,SC-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Information Security is essential to what we do at LPL, from protecting our employees, our advisors and their clients. As a Principal Business Information Security Officer you will join a growing organization responsible for securing our advisors and their clients, enabling the business to innovate while balancing the need to reduce risk. You will partner with business and relevant stakeholders to securely help them meet their goals and objectives, provide information security and risk management consultation on initiatives, programs and projects and collaborate and innovate with other security groups within LPL. You will focus on securing LPL’s key products and business growth strategies.
- Develop and maintain in depth understanding of business unit processes, systems, technologies, data, customers, consumers, partners
- Become an expert in assigned products including the design, security profile and risks
- Build relationships with business units to deliver security-by-design controls incorporated into projects, architecture, infrastructure and applications.
- Act as a liaison to ensure cybersecurity practices are built into business unit initiatives for the entire lifecycle.
- Work closely with security leadership to instill cybersecurity policies and practices throughout business units to address security operations, incident response, application security and infrastructure.
- Be actively informed and engaged in security projects across the business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge related to security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigations set forth to reduce the attack surface; circulate this knowledge through the business units.
- Ensure business projects are focused on cybersecurity from the beginning.
- Participate and influence Cloud and Native Architecture principles, APIs, as well as appropriate enterprise Data handling practices.
- Provide regular and timely reporting on the status of cyber security across the business unit
- Provide escalation path for security issues, incidents and inquiries
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years in cybersecurity experience (or information technology couple with cybersecurity) or a related field
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science or information systems
- Experience in guiding all aspects of cyber-security risk including - identification, synthesis, quantification, and remediation strategies.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and a deep understanding of phased approaches to the Software Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of:
- Cloud computing architectures and the associated security designs and challenges
- Common DevSecOps processes and technologies and how to effectively harden them
- Common web application development technologies along with tools and processes to enable teams to develop safely
- Data management and security principles applicable to financial services and modern architectures.
- Strong executive presence and ability to engage with customers regarding security (e.g. Executive Briefings and incident communications). Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technology/development and business partners
- Strong relationship, team building and facilitation skills
- Ability to translate technical/security issues to business users
- Proven ability to articulate the why and to enable fact-based decision making.
- Ability to independently influence others to achieve objectives
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience working in a matrix model, as the BISO supports operational and transformational efforts for a given region or organizational function
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certifications preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.