Product Manager - Advisor SentimentApply Job ID: R-002139 Date posted: 02/28/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Title: Product Manager [Advisor, Investor and Institution Solutions]
The Product Management team within LPL’s Technology Product Development group is responsible for delivering the key technology capabilities and functionality that allows our financial advisors to do business with us, improve their productivity, and enhance their ability to serve their investors. The team’s goals are to deliver best-in-class technology solutions that result in understanding, meeting and exceeding advisors needs and expectations.
As Product Manager, you will focus on the competencies that are business and customer-facing. You will work with a team that is charged with understanding our advisors, what their needs are, what the marketplace offers and how LPL can crate distinctive competencies in the financial services space.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Feedback: Managing and engaging in a feedback process that ensures our clients are heard and feedback is integrated into roadmaps and delivered technology
- Advisor communication and response management: Manage a triage of advisor feedback, questions, and escalations across the product management team; document resolution, manage advisor calls and communication
- Market Research: Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Partner closely across the existing product team to understand the broad suite of technology capabilities combined with deep understanding of advisor needs to effectively execute on raising advisor sentiment through delivered feedback, advisor communication, incident management & analysis, and validated requirements and capabilities
- Client Management & Communication: Effectively understand and manage relationships and communications with financial advisors
- Market Identification: Competitive Analysis, Market Analysis, Product Positioning, SWOT Analysis, Buyer Personas, Adoption Metrics, Market Segmentation
- Product Definition: Roadmap, BRD, Epic Journeys, User Stories
- 5-10 years Product Management experience
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Financial Services experience
- Product management experience within and agile delivery framework
- Track record of delivering in Agile software development methodologies
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.