Product Owner / Sr. Product AnalystApply Job ID: R-014834 Date posted: 05/11/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill
Do you have at least 3 years of experience working as a business analyst, SAFe product owner or in an equivalent role as part of an agile team building software for end-users?
Are you an outcome-oriented individual who can leverage your empathy for users and understanding of business objectives to craft requirements that deliver of meaningful improvements to our advisors?
Would you want to work as part of a collaborative and rapidly-growing product team that is passionate about providing advisors with a top-of-the-line technology experience?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we invite you to apply for our open Product Owner role. This role will join our Advisor Solutions product group dedcated to making our advisor platform, ClientWorks, a best in class experience providing users an efficient, intuitive and delightful technology experience.
In this role you’ll work as Product Owner on 1-2 agile teams with the following responsibilities:
- Identify and scope out features and capabilities prioritized by business and product leadership
- Coordinate with our UI/UX team to develop mockups for those features and capabilities
- Decompose features into user stories, complete with acceptance criteria and a clear definition of “done”
- Ensure that the agile team has a healthy backlog of refined and prioritized stories
- Lead backlog refinement sessions
- Sign off on the completion of user stories and lead demonstrations of the work delivered
- Meet with regularly with our users to ensure that the enhancements we deliver are in alignment with their needs and goals
What We’re Looking For
Our product is continuing to evolve along with the needs of our users. To ensure that the person we hire is successful in this role, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years professional experience as a business analyst, product owner or equivalent role as part of an agile team developing software for end-users
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral – with the ability to present materials to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous efforts spanning multiple projects and stakeholders
- Empathy for the user experience and a passion for delivering outcomes that continuously improve that experience
Preferred experience includes:
- Background in a client-facing role and/or the financial services industry
- Agile and/or SAFe trainings and certifications
- Knowledge of UI/UX fundamental principles
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.