Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-012943 Date posted: 03/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Advisor Solutions organization is hiring a Product Owner to join our product management team responsible for delivering ongoing improvements to LPL’s advisor-facing technology tools and capabilities. We're looking for someone who exudes a passion for product management with the goal of delivering a delightful, streamlined technology experience that results in the utmost satisfaction of our advisors and their clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to understand the needs of our advisors andleverage that knowledge to collaborate with broad, cross-functional teams to drive meaningful improvements in ClientWorks.
This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly evolving work simultaneously, and the ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and executives across multiple business areas in the firm to:
- Actively participate in the prioritization and implementation of enhancements and new functionality in the role of Product Owner
- Support the implementation of new offerings through requirements gathering, requirements writing, testing, and participation in and evaluation of prototypes and pilots
- Build cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative team
- Identifying requirements and writing user stories
- Working closely with a cross-functional team to develop feature set priorities to execute and achieve the overall strategic program vision
- Providing research, analysis, project management, and UAT testing support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Completing ad hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Synthesizing internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- 1-3 years professional experience as a product owner, product analyst, business analyst, product manager, or similar role in an Agile software development environment
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts across different projects
- Empathy for the user experience and a passion for delivering outcomes that improve that experience
- Background in a client-facing role and/or the financial services industry a plus, but not required
- Entrepreneurial perspective, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.