Product Support SpecialistApply Job ID: R-010797 Date posted: 09/15/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Product Support Specialist
We're looking for a client services specialist who is passionate about the financial industry. This position will be responsible for creating an effortless experience through end to end client support for a client base that consists of sophisticated financial professionals who require a unique level of service. The position will support clients in all navigational aspects of our proprietary financial technology software as well as a multitude of other financial applications and platforms, including internet browsers, mobile applications and affiliate technology. Other proficiency will include Microsoft office products, such as Outlook Exchange. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting the aforementioned applications and providing product training and consultation. The candidate will be expected to ensure resolution to all customer requests and issues in a timely fashion by partnering with team members both inside and outside of our department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist financial professionals in navigating and troubleshooting proprietary LPL and vendor software, as well as multiple office applications and browsers
- Resolving client inquiries via email, chat, and phone
- Timely update of all ongoing support issues into service tracking system, log detailed report of issues and collaborate with escalation teams to ensure timely reporting and response
- Maintain working knowledge of cataloged issues to ensure awareness and create alternative solutions.
- Work in a team oriented environment, advocating for our clients by collecting and reporting feedback, suggesting enhancements and communicating client requirements to application development teams
- Account maintenance (transaction inquiries, electronic document reviews, etc.)
- Provides new and existing customers with the best possible service in relation to application inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints
- Resolves customer inquiries and complaints fairly and effectively in compliance with the financial regulations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Maintain a professional performance standard that exhibits reliability, accountability, and ownership
- Gain moderate understanding financial industry terms
- Continually develop subject matter expertise for new applications through product releases that pertain to advisory/brokerage services and end client support.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with a set schedule
- Research complex situations, set client expectations, and define the actions necessary to resolve inquiries in a timely manner, as well as recommend next steps to avoid further issues
- Network with internal departments to ensure clients’ expectations for timely service delivery are met
- Engineer quality client experiences that promote the company values through positive positioning and professional language, courtesy, and striving to exceed the client’s expectations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Exchange, iOS, Android, and multiple browsers
- Required to have passed all relevant industry exams within allocated time frames
- Problem solving skills & attributes
- Strong organizational skills
- Simplify and clarify complex information demonstrating excellent phone and written communication and listening skills
- Successfully complete product training with a continuous learning mindset
- Strong networking skills and adaptability
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating and troubleshooting all supported products
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the policies, procedures, and systems
- Familiar with basic advisory/brokerage industry
- Demonstrate ability to train and consult internal and external clientele on products and features
- Actively appreciates and includes the various capabilities, insights, and ideas of other individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Support effectively in elevated or antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal communication styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Demonstrate adaptability in a changing environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- 1-3 years of financial services experience preferred
- Series SIE
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications
- CompTIA A+
- Additional licenses/certificates may be required as the job role evolves
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.