Product Support SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012908 Date posted: 02/22/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Do you have a passion for “Customer Service?” If you answered yes, integrity is in your nature. That means you sincerely care that customers get exactly the quality and services they need to embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with aspirations to help multiple customer types by making it easy to do business with us…, if so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team?
At LPL Financial, we care about our advisors! The Product Support Team works in a fast-paced environment, taking approximately 30-35 inbound calls per day from Financial Advisors and their assistants. We assist them with navigational aspects and troubleshooting of our proprietary financial technology software, as well as a multitude of other financial applications and platforms, including internet browsers, mobile applications, email, and affiliate technology.
In the event an advisor should contact our support team, we empower our representatives to resolve the issue on first contact. We are passionate about our advisors and work to please them on every interaction.
What will you do?
- Provide exceptional customer service to Financial Advisors, their assistants and their clients, and LPL internal business partners in navigating and troubleshooting proprietary LPL and vendor software, as well as multiple office applications and browsers.
- Provide timely updates on all ongoing support issues into service tracking system logs detailed report of issues, and collaborate with escalation teams to ensure timely reporting and response.
- Provides new and existing customers with the best possible service in relation to application inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints.
- Resolves customer inquiries and complaints, quickly, fairly, and effectively in compliance with the financial regulations.
- Gain moderate understanding of financial industry terms, while maintaining a working knowledge of cataloged issues to ensure awareness and create alternative solutions.
- Overall, engineer quality client experiences that promote the company values through positive positioning and professional language, courtesy, and striving to exceed the client’s expectations.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
In your first 90 days, you will have adapted to the environment and begun to work synchronously with your peers and leadership team. Utilizing your resources appropriately, you will begin to feel comfortable with the many processes in place. You will have questions; however, your trajectory will be on an upward slope. The sign of a representative making good strides.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourage creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience required (Customer Service w/in the Financial Services or Information Technology industry.)
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Windows, Office, Exchange, iOS, Android, and with multiple browsers.
- Problem solving skills & attributes along with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex information demonstrating excellent phone and written communication and listening skills.
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficient typing skills, a strong work ethic, and must be organized.
- Demonstrate adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- CompTIA A+
- Additional licenses/certificates may be required as the job role evolves.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.