Product Support Specialist
Are you passionate about serving clients, adding value, improving processes/systems, and developing marketing consultants to become true experts?
Are you excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
This position will be responsible for creating an effortless experience through end-to-end client support for a client base that consists of sophisticated financial professionals who require a unique level of service. The position will support clients in all navigational aspects of our proprietary financial technology software as well as a multitude of other financial applications and platforms, including internet browsers, mobile applications, and affiliate technology. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting the aforementioned applications and providing product training and consultation. The candidate will provide resolution to all customer requests and issues in a timely fashion by collaborating with team members both inside and outside of our department.
- Assist financial professionals in navigating and troubleshooting proprietary LPL and vendor software, as well as multiple office applications and browsers
- Resolving client inquiries via email, chat, and phone
- Timely update of all ongoing support issues into the service tracking system, log detailed reports of issues, and collaborate with escalation teams to ensure timely reporting and response
- Maintain working knowledge of cataloged issues to provide awareness and create alternative solutions.
- Account maintenance (transaction inquiries, electronic document reviews, etc.)
- Provides new and existing customers with the best possible service in relation to application inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints
- Resolves customer inquiries and complaints fairly and effectively in compliance with the financial regulations
- Gain a moderate understanding of financial industry terms
- Continually develop subject matter expertise for new applications through product releases that pertain to advisory/brokerage services and end client support.
- Research complex situations set client expectations, and define the actions necessary to resolve inquiries in a timely manner, as well as recommend next steps to avoid further issues
- Network with internal departments to ensure client's expectations for timely service delivery are met
- Engineer quality client experiences that promote the company values through positive positioning and professional language, courtesy, and striving to exceed the client’s expectations
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 1-3 years of financial services experience
- Ability to work in a structured environment with a set schedule
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating and troubleshooting all supported products
- Demonstrate ability to train and consult internal and external clientele on products and features
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Exchange, iOS, Android, and multiple browsers
- College degree preferred
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications
- CompTIA A+
- Additional licenses/certificates may be required as the job role evolves
Locations - San Diego, CA AND Fort Mill, SC
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.