Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-006779 Date posted: 06/03/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
- The Project Manager will be a member of LPL Technology Portfolio & Project Delivery Organization working across a project portfolio of growth initiatives.
- The PM will lead interactions between our business and technology partners and be responsible for successful implementation and execution of various projects related to new system and/or enhancements to existing systems. Must have the ability to manage scope and facilitate discussions with executive leadership. The PM is responsible for managing the completion of project documentation (SDLC) as well as overseeing the release to production including any planning and dependency tasks.
- The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, have high energy, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a commitment to client satisfaction and success. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree required
- Project Management Professional (PMP), preferred
- Certified Agile Scrum Master, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing application development projects over $250k, required
- Experience managing 3rd Party Vendors, required
- Ability to evaluate and provide solutions to complex situations and problems
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with effective verbal and written communication ability
- Experience in Financial Services (required); Broker Dealer Experience preferred.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to manage project budgets, forecasts, actuals and the reconciliation of any variances.
- Must be inquisitive and comfortable asking questions to drive to understand risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio; Experience with agile delivery tools like Jira preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.