Project Portfolio AnalystApply Job ID: R-003225 Date posted: 06/20/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
This position is responsible for facilitating management, analysis and administration of the Service, Trading and Operations (STO) Project portfolio and roadmap. In this role, the Project Portfolio Analyst will be tasked with evaluating risk; maintaining priorities, onboarding new project requests, assisting with preparation of business cases and ensuring alignment of projects with organizational strategy. The successful candidate will also work closely with the PMO VP and the Finance team to plan and align the portfolio roadmap, including budget allocation and ongoing budget management. The Project Portfolio Analyst assists in the design, development, integration and implementation of project delivery best practices and maintains awareness of adherence through metrics based reporting.
Key responsibilities of the Portfolio Portfolio Analyst will include:
- Support STO PMO Portfolio Management framework and the daily operational needs of the organization.
- Continuously work to improve the governance and planning capability for the portfolio by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, acquiring and implementing, delivering and supporting, and monitoring PMO performance
- Develop and maintain resource and capacity plans for a minimum of 6 rolling months for the STO portfolio
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure needs are understood and being met and work is moving smoothly
- Build trusted and effective relationships with project managers to ensure they deliver on-time and on-budget and raise awareness to help resolve issues as required
- Work with project managers to ensure projects are delivered with quality and realize the benefits as defined in the business cases
- Provide guidance on PMO best practices
- Leverage project portfolio tools (QuickBase/Innotas) to ensure projects are maintained appropriately through basic queries and report development for departments and executive leadership
- Provide portfolio metrics and reporting
- Work with Technology Portfolio Leads and senior business leaders on defining the project pipeline, prioritizing work, scheduling and forecasting
- Work closely with Finance, Technology and STO PMO leadership to track project budgets month to month and maintain ongoing awareness of overall STO project budget status
- Fulfill project management duties as opportunities arise and when capacity will allow
In addition to possessing strong attention to detail and organizational skills, key qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic or project management discipline a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of Portfolio Management experience required including:
- 2 + years of experience in a PMO, project reporting, project coordination and scheduling
- 1-2 years of exposure/experience with program or project implementations
- Financial Services/Banking background is preferred; IT background is desirable
- Advanced technical and analytical skills are required to establish and maintain metrics, tools and processes to monitor performance and ensure program objectives
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, presentation, written and facilitation
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to communicate project portfolio business issues, develop and evaluate alternative action plans and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Adept and comfortable interacting and communicating effectively in writing and verbally to executive levels of the organization.
- Inquisitive mindset, not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge current ideals in pursuit of opportunities to improve process/procedures.
- Quick study with a high degree of adaptability to operate effectively in new environments
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude.
- Team player, comfortable in a fast paced environment and navigating through ambiguity
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.