QA Performance Test LeadApply Job ID: R-007483 Date posted: 11/12/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Job Description - QA Performance Test Lead
As a QA Performance Test Lead, you will bring leadership and hands-on contributions to a talented team and work to certify the performance of our mobile & desktop platforms. You will provide consultation to the Portfolio Teams through your expertise in Application Performance and System Standards. You will be working within select application portfolios to understand their architecture, applications and assisting in the identification of issues related to: Application Performance and Stability.
You work with teams designing automated tests to evaluate the performance of complex systems and then analyzing and documenting the results. You will work as part of a Scrum team that brings together Development, QA, Product and Project management. With assistance from more senior members of the team, the QA Performance Test Lead documents and maintains information on the applications and systems in their portfolio to improve the Advisor and Client experience.
- Create Perform Test Strategies in support of the Portfolio work
- Identify and document KPI’s and SLA’s for the applications
- Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability
- Defect issues found and work with Development to resolve
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions
- Oversee performance test lifecycle
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review
- Generate metrics and systematically collect data
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent in Application Development and
- 3+ years of experience in QA Performance Testing including Web and Mobile applications, with an emphasis on hands on experience developing and executing automated test scripts
- Experience testing solutions that conform to service oriented architecture guidelines
- Financial and Quality Assurance and Software certifications preferred
- Knowledge on Test Management Tools (JIRA, Quality Center)
- Knowledge in Performance Test methodologies and tools
- Solid development Skills including JAVA, .NET
- Experience in component testing web and/or windows services.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Expertise in test planning, documentation
- Defining and executing test cases
- Experience in SQL Server and writing complex SQL queries to perform back-end testing
- Database skills, ANSI, Oracle, MS SQL Server is a plus
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.