Recruiting Coordinator - Culture AmbassadorApply Job ID: R-005591 Date posted: 01/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
LPL Financial is looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to collaborate with our growing talent acquisition team and serve as our Culture Ambassador. The Recruiting Coordinator is an integral partner in managing recruiting activities, leading operational initiatives and building candidate relationships. The ideal person will have incredible attention to detail, great customer service skills and an ability to manage a high volume of tasks with little supervision. We are looking for someone to have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to broaden his or her experience and work in an aggressively growing organization.
What you’ll do
Not only will you support the recruiting team with the day-to-day recruiting functions such as scheduling interviews, corresponding with candidates and facilitating new hire correspondence but often, you’ll provide candidates with one of their first impressions of LPL Financial. This is your role to own, so leverage your empathy and get-it-done mentality to relentlessly pursue all the ways to improve and differentiate our onsite candidate experience.
Why You Want This Job!
- Impact. You will contribute to the overall success of LPL Financial by delivering top talent support in order to further our No. 1 priority to make it easier for our advisors to do business with us. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
- Challenge. Be challenged in a fast-paced environment where are work makes a difference. This is why we share our passion for doing things exceedingly well.
- Growth opportunity. Your role will give you access to a variety of teams and new initiatives enabling growth and the development of new skills.
What You’ll Achieve
- Build great partnerships with our recruiters and hiring managers and contribute to LPL Financials reputation, growth and success with every candidate interaction
- Become the ambassador of LPL Financial, by communicating with both candidates and business partners and facilitate the onsite interview process, ensuring a high touch, friendly candidate experience representative of LPL’s culture
- Serve as the expert and main point of contact for interviewers, candidates and recruiting team-members; coordinate, schedule and manage interviews as well as travel and accommodation arrangements when required
- Provide on-campus support of recruiting activities including attendance as needed, scheduling, planning, and logistics
- Assist in the coordination of recruiting events (open houses, meet-ups, etc), campus recruiting, interviewer training and activities as needed
- Assist in facilitation of internship program (in conjunction with HR team) collect candidate survey information on their experience
- Track recruiting team metrics
- Update information in the applicant tracking system while maintaining data integrity and confidentiality at all times
- Manages and initiates appropriate processes required during the hiring process including, but not limited to the development of offer letters, Background checks and New Hire onboarding
- Maintain all recruiting docs - job descriptions, process docs, candidate materials, ect
- Prepare all interview packets, materials, interview rooms
- Identification and implementation of operational process improvements
- Work with our Talent Acquisition Operations Manager to further unveil opportunities to instill our employer brand into the candidate experience
- Become a champion of the LPL experience taking ownership of your decisions, impact and growth by charting your own path and making things happen
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Minimum of 2+ years of recruiting/talent acquisition coordination experience in a high volume environment, preferably in recruiting
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and with external candidates
- Ability to drive projects with a sense of accountability and sound judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Ability to take ownership of projects and be proactive about suggestions to improve process
- Heavy scheduling and calendaring (minimum 1 year)
- A team player mentality and a true people person capable of building trust effortlessly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, incredibly organized and the ability to multitask, move quickly and change direction at a moment’s notice (we think it’s thrilling!)
- Initiative and confidence to keep interviews running on time, persuade people to get their feedback in in a timely manner and nudge the team when necessary
- A passion and/or enthusiasm for creating experiences and to work at the nexus of recruiting
- Prior experience working with an ATS, Workday preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook, EXCEL, Word, Power Point and basic reporting
- Experience with Workday preferred
- BA/BS degree in business or related field or equivalent experience, preferred
- Knowledge of applicable employment law as it relates to recruitment and hiring process, preferred
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn and Indeed preferred
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.