Regional Planning & Advice ConsultantApply Job ID: R-024190 Date posted: 07/12/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you interested in joining a high performing sales team that assists financial professionals' growth by driving adoption of a Financial Planning support service?
If so, the Regional Planning & Advice Consultant role on the LPL Business Solutions Sales team might be just for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive adoption of our Paraplanning service by consulting with our financial professionals about the Financial Planning landscape and illustrating the value of the service by illustrating growth and client retention opportunities.
- The Regional Planning & Advice Consultant must demonstrate a high level knowledge of the value Financial Planning and a core belief in its benefits for advisors and clients and the ability to communicate it to those audiences.
- We expect you to be a constant learner of the evolution in the Financial Planning space, exude professionalism, and be detail oriented.
- You must be skilled at building relationships with colleagues and influence them to help drive awareness and leads to you.
- The Consultant must be able to manage his/her sales pipeline by setting tasks, pulling opportunities through to the next stage, continuing to deliver information that illustrates product value, and closing business.
- You will be successful by being entrepreneurial in your approach to outbound prospecting and lead generation.
- We expect you to support sales and marketing campaign activities, such as prospecting, data mining, and event follow up.
- A typical day will be filled with various calls, webex meetings and voicemails centered on Prospecting, Sales Consultations, & Pipeline Pull-Through.
What Are We Looking For?
We want strong sales individuals who can collaborate and deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry with a strong background in Financial Planning; 7-10 years preferred
- Business to Business Sales Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely as well as an ability to motivate the client to action with a high degree of professionalism
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently
- FINRA 6, 7 and, 66 preferred
- CFP or similar designation preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.