Regional Supervisory Principal, Home Office SupervisionApply Job ID: R-015387 Date posted: 05/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations AZ-Remote , CA-Remote , IA-Remote ,ID-Remote
LPL Financial is seeking a Regional Supervisory Principal, Home Office Supervision is the first line supervisor for HOS advisors and OSJ managers in their designated region. The Regional Supervisory Principal (RSP) is charged with maintaining ongoing relationships with their designated advisors and OSJs to educate, guide, and assist them with their compliance responsibilities. They will act as a point of contact and assist where necessary to help build compliant business partnerships with LPL Financial.
The Regional Supervisory Principal will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned financial advisors are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set forth by regulatory agencies and the Firm.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- First line supervisory responsibility for assigned advisors and OSJ Managers as part of a supervisory team
- Maintains ongoing positive relationship as a first line Supervisor, guide and resource to all HOS advisors and OSJ Managers and support staff in collaboration with the Regional Territory Manager (RTM) and Business Consulting
- Ensures advisor and OSJ understanding and compliance with all firm and industry requirements by proactively communicating the firm’s policies and procedures
- Engages in regular supervisory office visits (SOV’s) with assigned HOS advisors and OSJ Managers in order to promote company supervisory practices, follow up on audit findings and proactively addressing potential compliance issues to minimize risk to the client, the OSJ and the firm
- Identifies suspicious patterns in sales and business practice. Conducts investigations and takes appropriate corrective action as needed in collaboration with the RTM and other internal business units
- Identifies and executes training based on advisor needs and opportunities
- Actively monitor the supervisory systems for their assigned advisors and OSJs and assist in the resolution of heightened transaction review issues and various other situations where the first line supervisor must be involved and make the final decision
- Acts as a conduit of information between the Home Office and the field to assist with problem solving.
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with other internal investigations and reviews relative to supervised advisors and OSJs
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 7+ years industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7, 9 and 10 (or Series 24); Series 4 & 53 required or must pass within 90 days of employment (for candidates with S24). Series 66 (or S63 and S65) preferred
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio. Familiarity with BETA a plus
Other Job Duties:
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Strong knowledge of FINRA SEC, and state rules and regulations
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role and for staff support in their role as Branch Office Manager
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Excellent management and human relations skills
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.