Retirement ConsultantApply Job ID: R-007406 Date posted: 09/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Retirement Plan Consultant is located in San Diego and will report to the AVP, Retirement Consulting. The Retirement plan consultant is focused on driving adoption for the Retirement Partners division's programs and initiatives amongst the retirement plan focused advisors affiliated with LPL Financial. Additionally, this individual will be required to take a role in development of RCG's programs including management and coordination with impacted internal partners. This individual is expected to provide timely, accurate and actionable guidance to advisors and their team on all areas of Retirement Partners and its programs and initiatives as well as provide practice support that arises from day-to-day issues or questions. The overall objective of the Retirement Plan Consultant is to partner and consult with retirement focused advisors to help them grow revenues and make their business more efficient.
Sales & Practice Management
- Conduct Product and Solution Consulting, Proactive Sales Campaigns, Business Practice Consulting and other activities to drive sales in Retirement Plans and other Institutional Business opportunities. Record and track these activities, sales achievements, program adoption in Salesforce.
Program and Initiative Development
- Development and execution of sales and marketing strategy around LPL RP programs including the following activities: outbound calls, scheduled meetings, virtual study groups, group conference calls, etc. Participate in development of communication strategy both internally and externally.
Participation in the development of strategy and execution of Advisor Training and Education
- Collaboration with Retirement Marketing Team; Participation in LPL Financial conferences such as Focus, regional events, Retirement Symposium/Workshops, etc
- Conduct online/web-based training of the RP Tool Suite and other programs.
- Participate in home office visits with potential recruits, and participate with the transitions department in helping to integrate new Advisors and map/transition their books of business to LPL Financial.
- This position will interact with all individuals within the LPL Retirement Partners division as well as other LPL Financial home office groups.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field 5+ years of experience in the Retirement Plan field
- Series 6 or 7, & 63. AIF, PPC, and CRPS licenses/certifications preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and WebEx
- Must be able up to travel 25% of the time
- This individual should possess a combination of strong sales skills and technical experience in the retirement field. Although primarily an internal based role, this individual should be capable of presenting in front of groups of advisors and potentially, their end clients.
- Communication - both written and most importantly spoken - and excellent organizational skills will be some of the most important for this role.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, think creatively, think analytically, work well in a team environment, deal with constantly changing priorities, yet work independently and self-motivate will also be critical and necessary skills for this role.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.