Risk Management AnalystApply Job ID: R-019460 Date posted: 01/05/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Consequence Management Analyst Job Description
LPL Financial is seeking a Consequence Management Analyst as a first stop resource for firm personnel for processes related to disciplinary matters for non-home office employee associated persons (i.e. registered representative financial professionals and their registered and non-registered office staff). The Consequence Management Analyst is responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships with program stakeholders and supporting related disciplinary and legal processes. The Consequence Management Analyst will be responsible for assisting CLR management with ensuring that discipline issued by the firm meets established standards and requirements set forth by the Firm and regulatory agencies.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Directly support the Advisor Business Conduct Committee, pre-ABC Committee and the ABC Heightened Supervision sub-committee by managing the presentation pipelines on behalf of the ABC mailbox, drafting agendas, executive summaries, and meeting minutes. Consult with and assist Regional Supervisory Principals (RSP) and Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) personnel on Committee best practices for submission, formatting, presentation, documentation and past precedent for corrective action. Ensure adherence to the ABC charter, related regulatory commitments, written supervisory procedures, quality controls and recordkeeping requirements. Act as meeting moderator and liaison between CLR personnel, ABC Committee members and Legal counsel on Committee practices.
- Administer the Supervision Regulatory Matters departmental mailbox. Respond to legal & regulatory inquiries on behalf of Supervision and/or assign to applicable persons. Log inquiries and monitor status for timely and quality closure.
- Support the late complaint/late event reporting sanctions process by managing the relationship between Supervision and the Early Dispute Resolution team to receive and assign items to RSPs.
- Support the administration of the sanction database by assisting RSPs with fine overrides, supporting ad hoc system access and development needs.
- Act as a disciplinary process subject matter expert and process owner for inquiries & data maintenance.
- Compile, distribute and present periodic related reporting and quality control analysis, liaison with management on backlog trends.
- Maintain technology relationships for dashboard maintenance and enhancements.
- Contribute thought leadership when warranted.
- Lead related trainings in conjunction with management.
- Maintain related manuals and user guides.
- Support ad hoc related tasks & projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline or 2+ years of related industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: SIE and/or S7 required; S24 or interest in taking the S24 preferred
- Experience with all Microsoft applications particularly Excel, Word, Power Point. Familiarity with Share Point, Access, One Note, Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, Oracle and Passport a plus.
Other Job Duties:
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Knowledge of FINRA SEC, and state rules and regulations
- Ability to assist with developing compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Excellent time management and human relations skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of staff including senior management and the legal department
- Supervision, Compliance or Legal background preferred or an interest in learning more about Supervision and Compliance, particularly significant disciplinary and related legal processes
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.