Senior Accountant, Financial ReportingApply Job ID: R-011289 Date posted: 09/16/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you someone looking to leave public accounting or continue their Financial Reporting career in an exciting and growing company?
Do you have an interest in being on the cutting-edge of accounting standards and providing guidance on complex transactions?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the analysis and reporting of the results of the Company, and providing accounting guidance and technical support to key stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Preparation and analysis of the annual report on Form 10-K, the quarterly report on Form 10-Q, and subsidiary financial statements (including footnotes to the financial statements, management's discussion and analysis, and the supporting workbooks and related tie out binders).
- Preparation and analysis of quarterly and monthly equity compensation work papers to support equity and EPS footnotes in SEC filings.
- Preparation of technical accounting memos and researching of accounting standards.
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls.
- Assist with Broker-Dealer regulatory reporting requirements.
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does success look like in the first 90 days?
A successful individual would be able to make an immediate impact on the team by applying previous accounting and reporting experience to ensure supporting documents, disclosures and financial statements are following GAAP. They would also demonstrate strong written communication skills when editing financial statements and communicating impact of accounting standards on business decisions.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in Financial Reporting or public accounting
- Understanding of internal controls and proper supporting documentation
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- CPA license and/or experiene with Workvia a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.