Senior Accountant, ReportingApply Job ID: R-004323 Date posted: 08/27/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Accountant will be a key player in the Reporting group and report to the Manager, Financial Reporting. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the analysis and reporting of the results of the Company. In addition, the group performs goodwill and intangible asset impairment analysis, share based compensation reporting and analysis, and other ad hoc reporting and technical projects. The Senior Accountant will assist in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation and analysis of the annual report on Form 10-K and the quarterly report on Form 10-Q, including footnotes to the financial statements and management's discussion and analysis, and the supporting workbook and related tie out binder.
- Prepare annual financial statements for certain subsidiaries, publish the semi-annual broker-dealer customer pamphlet, and maintain the supporting workbooks and related tie-out binders.
- Perform monthly share based compensation reporting and analysis
- Preparation of quarterly equity compensation work papers to support equity and EPS footnotes in SEC filings
- Assist in goodwill and intangible asset quarterly and annual impairment tests
- Preparation and research of technical accounting memos
- Support FP&A and Investor Relations in requests and projects as needed
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record of taking initiative to resolve issues
- Understanding of internal controls and proper supporting documentation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across business functions
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Experience in public accounting and broker-dealers preferred
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- CPA license a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.