Senior AccountantApply Job ID: R-007642 Date posted: 09/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Accountant will be a key player in the G&A Controllership group and report to the Accounting Manager of G&A expense. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and providing accounting support and analysis for the general and administrative expenses of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant will also assist in implementing process improvements to help the team continuously improve processes and shift its focus to analyzing and communicating results and providing proactive customer service.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and/or review of journal entries, account reconciliations and review activities
- Identify areas of improvement to derive enhanced methods for explaining business drives, for accelerating close timing for improving close accuracy, and for enhancing controls over financial reporting
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring direction to Associate and Staff Accountants
- Support financial statement consolidations and month end close reporting
- Maintenance of appropriate accounting procedures and control descriptions for those activities within the scope of the Controllership team
- Support regulatory requirements, which include SOX testing and providing audit schedules, reconciliations, etc. to both internal and external audit on monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across multiple cultures
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Experience in public accounting and broker/dealers strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task are essential
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus
- CPA license a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.