Senior Accounts Receivable SpecialistApply Job ID: R-006178 Date posted: 05/09/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Corporate Development department working on our Advisor Capital team. As a Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist of Advisor Capital, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our executive management team make informed decisions as well as drive and maintain efficient day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making to drive continuous strategic growth.
The Advisor Capital group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and collaborating with the company’s business units providing overall financial and capital deployment support. This team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including supporting accounts receivables, collections, monitoring, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain efficient processes, procedures, and policies for accounts receivable.
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure.
- Interface with business unit counterparts to address specific requests.
- Monitor adherence to service level agreements through dashboards and reports, investigating and addressing instances where commitments are not being met.
- Produce reports and metrics to illustrate business unit’s accounts receivable status.
- Maintain and enhance internal controls, supporting Internal Audit and Compliance quarterly/annual controls testing.
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful.
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required.
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools is a plus
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 3 - 5 years corporate finance and/or accounts receivable experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.