Senior Administrative Assistant - Compliance Legal & Risk DivisionApply Job ID: R-004550 Date posted: 09/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for an exceptionally bright, multitasking, and self-motivated experienced Senior Administrative Assistant to support 2 compliance, legal and risk (CLR) leaders in a fast-paced tech-savvy environment. You will partner with leadership to handle administrative tasks freeing up their time to focus on department and company goals. A quick thinker, your flexibility and adaptability are key to constantly changing demands and priorities. You are resourceful and autonomous when taking on new tasks and projects relying on problem-solving skills to make it all work! As the gatekeeper and extension of your leadership team, you will frequently find yourself in the center of everything that happens. You are extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient, productive and happy team.
In this role, you are a jack of all trades! Administrative Assistants perform an array of administrative functions critical to running an organization efficiently. You will strategically manage leaderships complex schedules through prioritization and organization. You will handle travel arrangements, create expense reports, and disseminate information. Your communication will be personable while still getting your point across. As team ambassador, you are proficient in writing and proof-reading with impeccable grammar and composition.
Senior Admin Function
The Senior Administrative Assistant will report the Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management and will support at least one other manager within the CLR department.
- Arrange large meetings, including scheduling, room reservation, telecom, preparing presentation documents and the like for 3 senior managers
- Perform administrative assistant duties for the team as requested, including preparation of power points and other documents
- Ensure work is complete, accurate and timely
- Able to quickly understand and prioritize work
- Take on and/or participate in project work as requested
- Making travel arrangements and preparing related expense reports
- Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word. (MS Office Certification or equivalent operating knowledge preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work setting with competing and shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Work professionally with senior executives and clients, think and work independently, be proactive, handle confidential information and work effectively and efficiently
- College degree preferred in the following areas; Liberal Studies, English, Psychology, Business, Political Science
Other Job Duties:
- Operate office equipment and be proficient with personal computer and mobile device
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.