Senior Analyst, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-007573 Date posted: 09/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are seeking a strong senior level Analyst to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team. The Advisor M&A group is in the process of building an end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role throughout the lifecycle of a M&A transaction
- Support Advisor M&A deal specialists with valuations, complex deal structures, and integrations
- Coordinate with deal specialists to create a customized transition plan outlining the applicable tasks, ownership, and expected dates of completion
- Help deal specialists by managing accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates throughout the deal execution
- Utilize internal resources to ensure transition milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met
- Continue to enhance and update LPL Valuation metrics for the purpose of maintaining current multiples for valuation integrity
- Assist advisors in data analysis and other performance metrics through acquisition due diligence
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions specifically around valuations and integration
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 3-5 years in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of business valuations and integrations preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.