Senior Financial Analyst - Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-011288 Date posted: 09/17/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you someone with a strong background/interest in end-to-end small business M&A?
Do you enjoy working in a unique, fast-changing, deal environment?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join the Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team. The Advisor M&A team is in the process of constantly improving a new end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role throughout the lifecycle of a M&A transaction.
What will you do?
- Support Buy-side and Sell-side Advisor M&A Team with valuations, loan underwriting, pitch books, confidential information memorandums, complex deal structures, and other data analysis and performance metrics
- Manage accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates throughout the Buy-Side and Sell-side Process and utilize internal resources to ensure milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions, both in analytical deal-making deliverables and the operational processes of due diligence and integration
- Lead in developing, continuously improving, and streamlining team processes and scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Interact and deliver an excellent service experience to a wide range of stakeholders, including LPL advisors of varying size and scope, internal process stakeholders, and senior management
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immersing yourself in learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
- Bringing fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to advisor M&A deals
- Beginning to identify areas for improvement and taking the lead on ways to constantly improve the team, service offering, and advisor experience
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) preferred
- 2 - 5 years corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or corporate development experience preferred; strong knowledge of business valuations, underwriting, and integrations preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills; strong Excel and PowerPoint skills desired; experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deals/projects at one time, work within a team, take the initiative, show strong attention to detail, work comfortably with incomplete information, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation, positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity, and hunger to contribute to a growing team in a start-up-like atmosphere
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.