Senior Analyst, Corporate DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-001489 Date posted: 11/14/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Treasury and Corporate Development group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making to drive continuous strategic growth.
The Treasury and Corporate Development team plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, supporting growth initiatives through potential M&A transactions and managing our capital structure. This role will have direct exposure to top level management including C-Level executives.
- Perform and support financial analysis of potential acquisitions and coordination of due diligence
- Provide assistance to functional due diligence teams, including legal, finance & accounting, tax, human resources, operations, IT, sales, and strategy
- Develop, in partnership with Business Unit leaders, financial projections for acquisition targets
- Perform various valuation analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparable and precedent transactions, as well as potential consequences, among others
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on potential M&A transactions, capital structure, and strategic growth initiatives
- Research competitors, opportunities and industry. Track potential acquisition opportunities and monitor past acquisition metrics
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SaaS reporting tools)
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 5 years corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.