Senior Analyst, Finance ( Lending/ Underwriting)Apply Job ID: R-018848 Date posted: 11/11/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you pride yourself on being a critical thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset?
Do you have a professional background in finance, lending, or capital management?
Are you excited to collaborate with internal business partners to build solutions and execute strategy?
If so, the Senior Analyst, Capital Solutions role could be for you!
This role will be a part of the Advisor Capital team within LPL’s Finance Division. Advisor Capital is tasked with all aspects of providing LPL’s advisors capital to support acquisitions, retention, and growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate will help lead our capital underwriting team and provide recommendations to our leadership team regarding capital strategy, product development, and process improvements. This candidate will help direct a team of underwriters to analyze credit risk and support lending operations.
This role will also focus on different development projects including process automation, Fintech systems, and building cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help direct team of underwriters and handle escalations
- Provide second level review of loan applications and provide recommendations on credit risk
- Develop and manage capital products and programs
- Analyze reports and data to determine actionable business intelligence
- Monitor operations, team performance, and loan portfolio
- Represent and advocate for Capital Solutions when working with business partners
- Liaison with Credit Risk team to oversee operations and reporting requests
- Innovate, test, and launch new ideas to solve complex business problems
- Assist on projects to automate and improve underwriting and origination processes
- Partner with internal teams on Fintech projects and building of technology platforms
- Help manage strategic projects to improve and expand our lending capabilities
- Work closely with internal LPL departments on different projects and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, project management, or related-field
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a lending role at a financial services/FinTech company
- Background in lending, underwriting, credit policy, and/or credit risk
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and business concepts
- Ability to analyze options, determine solutions, launch and manage projects
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and presenting financial data
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment with minimal oversight
- Experience with reporting tools: Tableau, Alteryx, Saleforce dashboards, Excel Macros a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Prior leadership experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.