Senior Analyst, Innovation PartnershipsApply Job ID: R-002974 Date posted: 05/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Senior Analyst, Innovation Partnerships will join the Innovation Lab at LPL Financial and will be:
- Actively monitoring and analyzing emerging trends, technologies and players across the Fintech landscape to inform LPL’s approach to innovation
- Partnering with the extended Strategy & Innovation Lab teams, as well as cross-functional business partners to identify and test potential areas of opportunity for innovation with Fintech partners
- Building and managing relationships broadly across the VC and startup community, as well as with other third-party innovation partners
The output from these efforts will also support the development of the firm’s long-term strategy and enterprise-wide strategic projects. To do so, the individual must have outstanding strategic thinking skills, strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with emerging technologies, exceptional relationship skills, outstanding strategic thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly advancing work simultaneously.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Actively monitoring and communicating insights about the evolving Fintech landscape to inform the company’s view of potential disruptions and areas of innovation
- Assessing the capabilities, assets and differentiators of potential Fintech partners to inform potential partnership recommendations
- Synthesizing unstructured market and customer data into trends, themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Building and maintaining working relationships with key contacts inside Fintech companies
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization that creates a more collaborative innovation process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes.
- Working cross-functionally across the business to support and develop insights from Fintech engagements
- Partnering with Finance to develop detailed diligence findings about potential Fintech partners
- Create presentations for senior members of the organization
- Provide research, analysis, project management and other project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Collaborative working style with a demonstrated ability to connect people in order to achieve business aims
- Previous experience with startups or in corporate innovation or R&D a plus
- 2-5 years professional experience, and top tier undergraduate and/or MBA degree preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.