Senior Analyst, InsuranceApply Job ID: R-016433 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have excellent PowerPoint and Excel experience?
Are you a team player, and are you curious to learn?
Do you have risk management or insurance experience or have an interest in continuing your career in this space?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of Treasury Operations,Capital Markets, and Insurance, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner,you will leaddeepand thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informeddecisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumenand technical and operational knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making and drivingcontinuousimprovement. The Treasury Operations, CapitalMarkets, and Insurancegroupplays an instrumental role in the analysisand reporting of LPL’sfinancial information, management of its liquidity and capital structure,and risk mitigation. This team is directlyinvolved in strategic and generalfinancialanalysis,including, but not limited to, liquidity monitoring andmanagement,optimization of capitalstructure,and monitoring andmitigating risk.
- SupportInsurancerelatedanalysesand presentations
- Supportinsurance operations suchasclaims and indemnificationprocessing, captive trackingandreporting,and data gatheringand analysis forcoverage decisions
- Support LPL Financial Advisors and LPL Attorneys by navigating the insurance claim handling functions with LPL’s insurers
- Work with LPL’s insurance broker and the insurers to obtain optimal coverage and insurance recovery
- Work with otherdepartments to support related business functionsand ensure successfulcrossfunctionalprojects
- Analyzecritical data andpresentfindings and recommendations in areas such as insurance coverage gap analysis,effective transfer of risk to 3rd party insurancecoverages, and optimization of LPL’scaptive insurance company
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on insurance decision points, key business metrics and KPIs, dashboards and strategicgrowth initiatives
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling,and additional responsibilitiesasrequired
- Lead insurance-related projects, including administrative functions
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BA/BS degree in Finance,Business, Economics, Insurance, Risk Management (or a related discipline) is required
- 3-5 yearscorporate finance, corporatedevelopment, corporate risk management or insurance underwriting, adjustor and claims processingexperience preferred
- Effectivecommunication,presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- In depth knowledge offinancial reporting processes
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Detailorientedwith insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast- pacedenvironment
- Ability to work within a team,take initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to take initiative andcreate concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems andrecommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude,commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.