Senior Analyst - Trading & Operations ComplianceApply Job ID: R-008852 Date posted: 02/11/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a Senior Analyst to support our Trading and Operations Compliance department within our Compliance, Legal and Risk unit.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and skillsets:
- A good understanding of a brokerage/trading operation – Desks, Securities (equities, bonds, mutual funds, etc.), and experience in either trading compliance, and/or trading/brokerage surveillance
- Communication Skills – both written and verbal communication skills are important for this candidate as email and telephone communications with Customers / Advisers – and often senior LPL leaders are a daily part of the role
- Regulatory Acumen – A basic understanding of securities industry regulations and relevant regulatory authorities, including state securities - or "Blue Sky" - laws
- Technology/Systems – Experience with BETA or similar trading mainframe experience, and Bloomberg, is preferred
- Comfort level having to make difficult decisions, often under very time-sensitive scenarios, and communicating those decisions to both senior members of Trading Desk and/ or a customer, when that answer may not be received well
- Series 7 and 24
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.