Senior Analyst - Treasury, Capital MarketsApply Job ID: R-001870 Date posted: 11/29/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of Capital Markets (treasury) team. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, high attention to detail and capital markets knowledge to support the company’s capital planning and decision making. The position will be responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis, reporting and modeling to promote the efficiency and success of the firm’s capital structure management. This position requires strong organizational, analytical, communication, technical and corporate finance skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects on parallel tracks. Strong quantitative and organizational skills along with a thorough understanding of corporate finance principles and intermediate to advanced financial modeling concepts are required. Candidates must possess the ability to interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management. The ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Providing assistance with decisions related to capital structure and capital management
- Executing analysis that supports the development of financial recommendations and/or resolution of key strategic issues, including;
- Capital Structure
- Capital Allocation
- Producing compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Presenting recommendations and communicating thoughts and perspectives to senior management
- Designing and executing research efforts and conducting analysis to support business initiatives
- Produce valuation and other analysis to help determine optimal capital management strategies
- Working collaboratively while building effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders and their support team across the firm
- Performing all debt administration and debt compliance related activities and reports
- Monitoring and maintaining the share purchase program to ensure timely payments, delivery of DWAC instructions and reporting to senior management
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Performing macro research as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models with minimal oversight
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, and development of actionable recommendations
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- A strong ability to convey complex information in a consumable manner
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to produce quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Strong team work, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional financial modeling skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior corporate finance experience required, preferably including experience with debt capital markets in underwriting or issuance
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a corporate finance role is a plus
- Financial Services industry or risk management experience, MBA, CPA, CFA, CTP a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.