Senior Client Compensation Service RepresentativeApply Job ID: R-005025 Date posted: 11/26/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Joining our team as a Senior Client Compensation Service Representative will allow you to support financial advisors by offering an extraordinary quality service experience. Our service team’s main priority is to create a reliable support system for our clients so they can easily grow their practice. Being flexible and adaptable to competing priorities will be key success factors for this position.
What you’ll do
We believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. We enable our clients to focus on what they do best—create the personal, long-term relationships that are the foundation for turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. The Senior Client Compensation Service Representative is primarily responsible for providing overall high quality service to LPL advisors, mostly related to advisor commission compensation. The Service area is responsible for managing incoming service requests via phone and email queues, in addition to assisting internal business departments in researching compensation related matters.
The Expertise Were Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High School Diploma/GED required
- Customer Service background with specific phone experience highly desired
- Basic industry knowledge and understanding of the commissions process is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel, in addition to encouraging and building positive relationships and communicating effectively with all co-workers and outside sponsors
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, responsible, and reliable, with a positive and professional attitude and a proactive style
- Proficient in PC based software programs, particularly MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle, Siebel, and BranchNet Commission systems is desired
The Skills You Need
- Ability to deliver an exceptional personalized client experience by providing service excellence in every interaction with clients and internal business partners.
- Answer 45-50 incoming calls per day from Advisors, Vendors, and other member of the firm, while following posted service phone queue per MONET
- Assist advisors with general commission related inquiries and troubleshoot research request
- Conduct investigations with internal LPL departments throughout the company to verify validity of charges or credits
- Ability to maximize time and availability to ensure our customers receive timely, effective, and efficient world class service.
- Ability to consistently apply a "risk mindset" to your work. Ensure increased knowledge and familiarity of policies/procedures, continual and complete adherence to risk review, and ongoing oversight.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation to foster accountability and ownership of each customer interaction.
- Ability to accurately prepare Zero Batch, Override Corrections and General Adjustment requests.
- Adhere to posted Attendance Policies
- Complete assign task per management discretion
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.