Senior Consultant, Studio Manager and ProducerApply Job ID: R-008440 Date posted: 02/07/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s Marketing & Communications Team is currently seeking a Producer to join the Creative team in San Diego, CA.
This role will report to the AVP, Multimedia, and will be responsible for producing videos, podcasts, and for the day-to-day management of the broadcast studio. The ideal candidate should have experience with audio recording & editing, filming & editing, and studio technology. We would love to work with an individual who is eager to jump in and help and has a desire and propensity to learn and grow!
This role will produce audio and video content from start to finish in support of various content series, manage the studio space and calendar, and help business partners with requests. This person should be able to handle general maintenance of the broadcast studio and work with the Conference & Studio Tech team to build out capabilities in the San Diego studio. This person must be collaborative and open-minded when working with internal partners, yet be able to drive results and sure content is completed on-brand and on-time.
This person will work closely with the Creative team to build out the multimedia capabilities on the team, find ways to streamline processes, and execute consistently high-quality content in support of business initiatives.
This person will interface with executives and many of our internal clients and partners, so the producer must be adept at building relationships and willing to develop an understanding of business and user needs.
- Partner with Creative team and business partners to concept, produce, and edit multimedia projects
- Record and edit podcast episodes out of the studio, using Adobe Audition
- Record and edit videos out of the studio, using Adobe Premier Pro
- Set up and film video on-location in the San Diego office
- Managing requests for studio usage through the studio calendar
- Perform equipment tests including video, audio, and lighting
- Build and manage any programmed studio set ups including video, audio, lighting, and furniture
- Keep the studio clean and organized, including the control room, studio space, and closet
- Answer general questions from business partners that could include audio/video needs and studio access
- Keep up-to-date on current multimedia trends and capabilities
- Assist in building and maintaining a repository of corporate digital assets, including organizing, tagging, and archiving audio, video, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Audio Production, Video Production, or a related digital media discipline strongly preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and technical training
- 2-3+ years of hands on audio and video production, and editing experience
- Creative, passionate, and collaborative
- Well versed in Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition
- Experience in broader Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong people skills and ability to interface with multiple opportunities
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be very flexible and adaptable, and comfortable with a fast-paced setting
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.