Senior Data AnalystApply Job ID: R-000518 Date posted: 01/29/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
- Analysis on how business activities, advisor trends, and marketplace events impact results. The focus of the output should be to provide an understanding of ‘why’ trends are occurring at LPL and to influence tactics and strategy.
- Ability to structure and develop recommendations to solve complex problems leveraging advanced analytics (data mining, data visualization, and predictive modeling).
- Analyze usage trends of different investment products and platforms to influence product management strategies.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate to support priority business projects; Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc questions from executives.
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners across the company.
- Ability to think independently, creatively problem solve, and connect various thoughts, observations, and results into innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Decision Information Science, Finance, Economics, or related discipline is required
- Advanced degree a plus
- At least 4-5 years of related work experience in sales analytics, client analytics, or business intelligence
- Financial Services industry experience a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including an ability to visually convey information and insights through graphs, charts, and other means
- Experience working with dynamic data visualization tools like Tableau a plus
- Expertise in working with relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience in statistical analysis tools, such as R (preferred), Python, Minitab, SAS, or SPSS
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, development of hypotheses, and the execution of robust quantitative analyses to answer business questions
- Project management experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear and meaningful
- Ability to synthesize and work with various data types from a variety of sources, e.g., operational, transactional, financial, survey, third party vendor, and macroeconomic
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.