Senior Data AnalystApply Job ID: R-000518 Date posted: 03/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Financial Planning and Analysis group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including supporting growth initiatives, forward trend analysis, infrastructure projects and investment evaluations utilizing cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) models. Another primary responsibility of the group is to work with business partners across LPL to review financial results on a monthly basis, capture variance explanations and reforecast items, and support the budget planning process. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, budget summaries, and sales & asset reporting.
This position reports into the Business Analytics and Reporting team supporting key finance systems and will primarily be responsible for maintaining critical budgeting/forecasting and KPI tracking tools, with an emphasis on data load rules, managing dimensions and calculations scripts, as well as troubleshooting and finding creative solutions to issues as needed.
- Support and Collaborate with the FP&A team through maintenance of Oracle applications, providing administrative assistance
- Setup and maintain system user access, user security and dimensions
- Create, test, and modify business rules / calculation scripts
- Manage and ensure that financial data loaded to the various finance systems is complete and that validation checks are performed throughout the process
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements within database applications
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions with an emphasis on automation
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred.
- 2+ year of direct finance work experience is desired and Financial Services industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with ETL and Analytics applications is preferred.
- Experience working with Oracle or similar technical support highly desired.
- Strong computer and Excel skills and familiarity with Access.
- Experience with automation tools and database administration
- Strong analytical, communication, technical skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills along with a thorough understanding of corporate finance principles and intermediate to advanced financial modeling concepts are required.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management.
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to take complex factors and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.