Senior Data Analytics AuditorApply Job ID: R-005135 Date posted: 02/13/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Data Analytics Auditor will be responsible for providing data analytics support to the Internal Audit department and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with the ability to communicate technical processes/issues from a business perspective. The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for detecting, communicating and visualizing data/logic issues. The work performed may also include validation of data for regulatory, financial statements and/or remediation efforts, providing opportunities for exposure to management and senior management across the firm.
- Perform data discovery and analytics using Computer Assisted Auditing Tools (CAAT), Tableau, R, Excel or other data analytics tools, with direction from other team members.
- Document, diagram and present complex/technical material that can be understood by a non-technical audience.
- Develop automated tools to promote efficiency within the Internal Audit department.
- Collaborate and work closely with management and audit colleagues to provide analytics support to overall audit department activities.
- Complete assigned projects timely, accurately and professionally.
- Maintain professional skill level through on-going education and training activities to support company needs.
- Required: Experience developing and executing SQL queries.
- Required: Understanding of basic programming concepts, experience creating Excel macros or Visual Basic scripts
- Strongly Preferred: Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, ACL, Access, or other data analysis tools.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively present complex and technical issues to management in a variety of settings.
- 2+ years minimum work experience developing data analytics routines.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Preferred: Internal or External Audit experience
- Preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA or other related certifications (e.g., CFE, CISSP, etc.).
- Preferred: general understanding of financial services (e.g., Broker/Dealer or RIA).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.