Senior Desktop EngineerApply Job ID: R-004364 Date posted: 11/20/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill.
The Senior Desktop Engineer will design, build, test, deploy, and support the corporate desktop image and desktop management solution using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). This includes packaging, patching, testing, and deploying both system and application updates to the end-user environment; creation of new desktop deployment strategies; execution of inventory management processes of end-user hardware and software assets; comprehensive administration of the desktop environment; testing and evaluation of new hardware models; improvement of the desktop lifecycle; and provision of support for L2 issue escalations/tickets. This engineering position will specialize in all aspects of Desktop Systems Support, including Application System Support, usability issues, new software requirements, and VIP escalation support. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support in a primarily Microsoft environment
- Maintain desktop standards, knowledge base, operating procedures, guidelines and system documentation
- Create, maintain and administer standard image, deployment, management, and monitoring capability
- Perform planning, design and implementation of workstation hardware, software, and application upgrades and rollouts through SCCM
- Provide vision and strategy for end user computing environment including evaluation of emerging technology, software, and hardware road map to improve customer efficiency and productivity
- Work closely with Network and Systems Engineers to gain knowledge of network topology, profiles and tasks within a Windows based back end environment
- Provide systems / OS support for a large application portfolio.
- Deliver assigned projects, on time and within budget
- Research and evaluate desktop capabilities and tools as required to ensure functionality is available to support business initiatives across the organization.
- Build automation into daily processes to improve the Ease of Doing Business
- Adhere to existing Change and Problem Management Processes
- Mentor junior team members and train on systems and solutions
- 6 years of related technology experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle a wide variety of customer service situations
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize and complete work assignments
- Demonstrates great leadership through projects and daily tasks
- Experience in multi-sourced environments is a plus
- Experience leading and delivering SCCM and other related tool solutions for patch deployments, tracking, reporting and remediation. Strong working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Experience deploying, administering, and maintaining disk encryption technologies, preferably BitLocker
- Proficient with application packaging and distribution using tools such as AdminStudio and Flexera
- Proficient with application virtualization and delivery using VMWare and similar VDI technologies
- Microsoft and related certifications is a plus
- Security / TCP/IP/ DNS/ DHCP/ WSUS/ JAMF experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support and business as usual requests effectively
- Strong ability to strategize for the future and design technical solutions
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal and traditional hours
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and on-call support
- Excellent work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member
- 3+ years of SCCM 2012 experience, as well as prior experience in an SCCM Administrator or Desktop Engineer role.
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory and GPO management
- 6+ years of experience with end user computing support in a Windows environment
- Must have a solid background with desktop image development and workstation deployment.
- Solid Windows OS/Office Suite knowledge and expertise, including Windows 10 experience and Office 365
- Systems / Windows OS/ Mac OSX support for a large application portfolio in an enterprise environment required
- Comprehensive desktop support and mobile device background is required.
- Ability to provide exemplary high touch customer service skills, problem resolution, and support for internal customers
- Strong scripting and development knowledge – PowerShell, VBScript, Batch
- Strong business, technical and analytical abilities and ability to use advance problem solving to find answers for customer issues
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.