Senior Developer- IHS Markit / SQLApply Job ID: R-012266 Date posted: 12/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Developer - IHS Markit / SQL within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team, which is a part of LPL’s Technology organization. The role requires senior level resource for supporting data management projects like Enterprise Data Management, Data mart and other Business Intelligence related projects.
- Design, develop and maintain data management systems for Team according to best practices and architectural guidance.
- Enhance/Maintain/support existing applications.
- Collaborate with other developers in designing.
- Collaborate with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change
- Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions based on the needs.
- Suggest new processes and document reoccurring processes that will help streamline software development.
- Participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle.
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced debug support.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 7+ years of data management using different mastering tools. Experience with IHS Markit/Cadis is a plus.
- 7+ years of database development and design in MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Knowledge of data modeling and design patterns and applying them
- Ability to meet project deadlines and test, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems under tight deadlines
- Experience with extracting and summarizing data from a variety of data source types
- Ability to communicate with strong technical skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Full software life-cycle experience
- Familiarity with TFS source control, build processes, and continuous delivery
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
- Experience in financial services a plus.
- Experienced in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.