Senior Developer- IHSMarkit/SQLApply Job ID: R-010155 Date posted: 06/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Developer within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team, which is a part of LPL’s Technology organization. The role requires senior level resource for supporting data management projects like Enterprise Data Management, Data mart and other Business Intelligence related projects.
- Design, develop and maintain data management systems for Team according to best practices and architectural guidance.
- Enhance/Maintain/support existing applications.
- Collaborate with other developers in designing.
- Collaborate with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change
- Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions based on the needs.
- Suggest new processes and document reoccurring processes that will help streamline software development.
- Participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle.
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced debug support.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 7+ years of data management using different mastering tools. Experience with IHS Markit/Cadis is a plus.
- 7+ years of database development and design in MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Knowledge of data modeling and design patterns and applying them
- Ability to meet project deadlines and test, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems under tight deadlines
- Experience with extracting and summarizing data from a variety of data source types
- Ability to communicate with strong technical skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Full software life-cycle experience
- Familiarity with TFS source control, build processes, and continuous delivery
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
- Experience in financial services a plus.
- Experienced in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.