Senior Developer - UX DesignerApply Job ID: R-011253 Date posted: 10/02/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are looking for UX designer to design software and platforms that meet users’ needs. UX designer combines interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience and make our products user friendly and intuitive.
- Understands product specifications and customer needs
- Creates personas and use cases through user interviews and research
- Conducts design reviews and scoping sessions with customers
- Designs high fidelity mockups & layouts, web content, presentations, and logos
- Develops agile turnaround on mobile-first and user-centered prototypes and design experiences, utilizing HTML frameworks
- Iterates through rapid prototyping of wireframes, InVision proof-of-concepts, website interfaces and user experience designs for fast deliverables
- Establishes design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintains the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designs visual design for websites and ensuring that they are in line with clients’ branding.
- Communicates design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Designs sample responsive clickable HTML pages including colors and fonts.
- Conducts usability testing
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Familiarity with ADA-compliant requirements
- Excellent communication, collaboration and time management skills
- 5+ years of design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, computer science, engineering or a related field
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.