Senior Employee Relations PartnerApply Job ID: R-003802 Date posted: 07/05/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Do you consider your-self brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do? If so, we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary service. Come join LPL Financial!
As a team member within Employee Relations, you will serve in a key role of upholding a positive work culture through our values. This is an exciting opportunity to continue to influence LPL Financial and our employee’s experience.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Employee Relations Partner to join our Employee Relations team within Human Capital. We are open to this position being situated in either our San Diego or Fort Mill corporate office.
Our Sr. Employee Relations Partner will be the first point of contact for the customer to provide consultation and support on employee relations matters. This role will help ensure a fair and consistent approach and response aligned with company practices, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Consult and coach employees and managers on employee relations matters including company policy interpretation, job performance and corrective action, and provide solution oriented recommendations and assists with the implementation of solutions.
- Consults and advises employees and managers on leave of absence and workplace accommodation matters including, but not limited to: statutory leave, discretionary, non-statutory leave, disability and religious accommodation.
- Records and analyzes HR data as needed to identify trends, provide recommendations, and develop action plans.
- Partners with HR team and COEs on employment related initiatives; partners with the ER team to recommend and develop consistent practices and action plans.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling, calendaring, word processing, data entry, email, scanning and copying.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Employee Relations, or HR Business Partner
- Bachelor's degree required, prefer HR, Psychology, Business or similar
- PHR/SPHR preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of and experience with interpreting employment and labor laws
- Knowledge of California employment laws and regulations, strongly preferred
- Experience working for a broker/dealer or in the Financial Services industry is strongly preferred
- Experience with managing statutory (federal/state) leaves of absence and disability/religious workplace accommodations
- Experience with training managers and employees on policies and procedures, and employee relations material
- Experience with managing employee relations cases from inception to resolution/completion
- Experience with conducting employment investigations and working with legal counsel on employment matters, as needed
- Experience with effectively managing and resolving conflict
- Experience with thriving in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with diffusing difficult situations
- Experience with collecting data and reporting on HR and/or Employee Relations metrics
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective, active listening skills
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to work within the "gray" and make sound assessments and provide effective recommendations for varying situations/circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across group settings with focus on adjusting to different work styles and personalities
- Rhetorically sensitive - knows what to say and when, as well as when to involve own manager
- Ability to prioritize workload, remain flexible, accept feedback and adjust accordingly under tight deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.