Senior ETL/ SQL DeveloperApply Job ID: R-006902 Date posted: 09/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Sr. Developer of Technology, Risk & Regulatory will provide the development and support for the ETL/batch jobs, services and SQL development for the compliance applications.
Risk and Regulatory Technology group has several vendor and custom developed applications that depend on the ETL jobs and services for synchronizing the data between different applications.
The candidate should have extensive experience in designing, developing, and supporting Data intensive applications. The ideal candidate should have expert SQL knowledge, ETL Development, Web services development, performance/tuning and data modeling experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the ETL and database design and development of Risk and Regulatory applications.
- Lead the services design and development of Risk and Regulatory applications.
- Serve as resident expert in all database application deliveries with a focus on overall performance and architecture.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the developers.
- Drive resolution for technical issues and provide alternate solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5+ years in Database SQL development and performance tuning is required.
- 5+ years of experience in ETL technologies like Informatica, SSIS, Data Stage etc is required
- Expertise with SQL databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL server is required
- Significant experience with data modeling skills is preferred
- Expertise with service oriented architecture and web services is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts into comprehensible business terminology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and process orientation.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as well as produce high-quality end to end solutions for complex data problems.
- BS or MS in a technical discipline
- Financial Compliance platforms support experience is preferred
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Mantas/Actimize solutions is a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.