Senior Network EngineerApply Job ID: R-009054 Date posted: 03/20/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations CA-San Diego
Candidate must have enterprise level Network Engineering and Operations experience. Direct experience working across multiple Data Centers and large campus environments. Design, Engineering and optimization of Local Area, Campus and Wide Area Networks.
- Clear understanding of Network Layers and Protocols such as the ISO layers, TCP and UDP protocols and their associated flags.
- Hands on knowledge of TCP/IP and UNIX/LINUX variants.
- Spanning Tree algorithm configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Directly Engineered and supported Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) Wide Area Networks.
- Understanding of current Wide Area Telecommunications Circuits such as MPLS, Waves, SDWAN.
- Ability to generate and read packet captures for Wired and Wireless networks for advanced troubleshooting and traffic optimization of network traffic.
- Optimization of Network traffic for Local and Wide Area networks.
- Experience in configuration and Engineering Campus Wireless Networks.
- Experience in design and Engineering Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers, 802.1X, and Identity Service Engine (ISE).
- Experience Engineering and configuration of GRE and IPsec tunneling.
- Network Devices Security Hardening and Controls.
- Hands on experience and Engineering level experience with Cisco High Speed switches such as Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000 and 2000 Switches
- Experience at an Engineering in Cisco Nexus Virtual Device Contexts (VDC) configurations.
- Hands on experience and Engineering of various Cisco Router models including ASR and 4000 series ISR’s.
- Expert knowledge of dynamic Routing Protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Knowledge of current Fiber Optic and Copper cabling standards.
- Experience in Network optimization, reporting and long-term planning.
- Perform Network IP Address assignment and documentation.
- Work closely with the various Engineering and Operations team when data Networking is required.
- Develop Network standards in accordance with Engineering and industry best practices.
- In support of Network Operations, a Network Engineer must have advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to work closely with them to determine root cause of complex problems.
- Prefer a current Cisco Certified Design Professional and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least five (5) years of experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, QoS, CoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.1X, 802.1q, VLAN, MST, STP, RSTP, VTP, FHRP, HSRP, VRRP, IGMP, Multicast, IP SLA, MPLS, VRF, PBR, DMVPN, GRE, NHRP, VPN, SSL, IPSec, NTP, CDP, FTP, SFTP, TACACS+, RADIUS, SPAN, RSPAN
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies in multi-vendor environment Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMWare, Citrix, Unix, Microsoft
- Experience with testing, deploying, maintaining data center networking technologies vPC, FEX, OTV, LISP, FCOE
- Experience with Cisco UCS server virtualization and associated networking requirements
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient with each product within Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.