Senior Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-013339 Date posted: 03/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Our well-rounded Senior Commissions Specialists in Client Compensation are responsible for assisting advisors and their staff with processing compensation requests and researching advisor issues in a fast-paced operations environment. This position is a key role best suited for adaptive, detail-oriented individuals who have a passion for learning and taking care of our advisors so that they can take care of their clients.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and establish new Advisor compensation sharing arrangements
- Train and support team members and other departments on compensation processes
- Provide simple research and reporting for LPL Advisors, and other LPL business units
- Review and process debit and credit requests from various internal and external sources
- Assist analysts with varying initiatives, such as reporting, system enhancements, user acceptance testing, data analysis, new office onboarding, migration efforts, etc.
- Resolve simple compensation issues by coordinating with other operations teams
- Provide leadership with regular feedback to enhance the client experience and operations
- Evaluate existing processes and develop initiatives towards process improvements
- Support audit requirements and assist in establishing controls to minimize risk
- Improve industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Exercise excellent judgment within broadly defined practices to maximize results
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1-3 years General Accounting or Financial Industry Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Excellent PC and data input skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiarity with Oracle, Clientworks, Microsoft Dynamics, and Documentum
- Project Management skills and working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills for day-to-day and escalated
- Highly accurate worker with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and adapt to fast-paced, changing environments
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a digital, cross-site team setting
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Positive demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.