Senior Product Manager, Advisory PlatformsApply Job ID: R-011041 Date posted: 08/24/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Do you have investment product management experience and an economic/finance background?
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes product offering, pricing, platform experience, and promotional activities. Product managers are responsible for understanding and explaining all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The team’s goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance the strategic capabilities we offer our advisors, and execute with excellence.
This Senior Product Manager, Advisory Platforms role will be responsible for regular product management activities, thought leadership, and delivery of enhancements to LPL’s advisor driven fee-based platforms: Strategic Asset Management (SAM) and Strategic Wealth Management (SWM).
You must be able to think independently, creatively problem-solve, and recommend platform enhancements. You will need to be able to partner with other teams within IIS and across the organization in order to maximize the team’s added value.
- Understand the pricing and economic drivers of the platform. Participate in and drive components of pricing changes that simplify the platforms while maintaining or enhancing their economics
- Partner with the:
- Risk and compliance teams with respect to investment policies and regulatory issues
- Operations and technology teams for platform experience enhancements
- RIA services team with respect to needs that are specific to this channel
- Other product teams to expand the investment product offering and review share class availability
- Marketing & sales teams on platform promotions
- Respond to advisor inquiries/escalations on challenges with SAM and SWM
- Track industry and competitor developments in terms of product, pricing, policy, and platform experience; ingest feedback from LPL’s Advisor facing teams
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledgeable on the advisory platform landscape, investment products, product trends, and industry regulation
- Product management experience associated with evaluating decisions and contributing towards recommendations
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and the ability to frame complex issues
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous efforts across different projects
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and a strong degree of experience with Microsoft Excel and databases
- Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on pricing and associated behavioral changes that it drives
- FINRA Series 7/66 licenses are preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.