Senior RecruiterApply Job ID: R-005447 Date posted: 12/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Recruiter within the Talent Acquisition department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. This position is responsible for developing and executing proactive recruitment strategies in order to attract key talent to LPL Financial. This individual will manage full lifecycle recruiting and will be responsible for continuously building strong networks and developing innovative and creative methods and techniques to source talent and promote the LPL Financial brand.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Recruiter you will partner with the business teams to execute against our hiring goals for our dynamic, growing business. You have a passion to makes things work better and have top notch project management skills while also formulating extraordinary recruiting processes and offer even better candidate experience.
Why You Want This Job!
- Impact. You will contribute to the overall success of LPL Financial by delivering top talent support in order to further our No. 1 priority to make it easier for our advisors to do business with us. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
- Challenge. Be challenged in a fast-paced environment where our work makes a difference. This is why we share our passion for doing things exceedingly well.
- Growth opportunity. Your role will give you access to a variety of teams and new initiatives enabling growth and the development of new skills.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Partners with business managers in a consultative and strategic capacity to identify and hire quality talent for our Service Trading and Operations division
- Administrator of FurstPerson assessment tool for our service hiring which includes, assessment validation, administration, evaluation, tracking and analytics
- Consistently meet or exceed service level agreements providing the highest possible level of service to the business
- Maintains accuracy of candidate status in Workday throughout the entire recruiting process
- Maintain ownership of entire hiring process, including interview coordination, acquiring candidate & interview team feedback, generating offer letter packages and requisition maintenance
- Partner with assigned business unit leadership teams to assess future staffing needs
- Ensure a strong positive client and candidate experience throughout the hiring process. Develop a strong understanding of assigned business units and utilizes knowledge in search planning for appropriate company targeting
- Manage the requisition process from approval to on-boarding driving guiding hiring managers through the selection process
- Partner with all levels of management, including the executive level, to identify staffing needs and to develop recruiting strategies to attract quality talent
- Provide appropriate feedback throughout the interview and selection process to advise and influence hiring managers, ensuring an overall effective hire
- Through proactive direct sourcing, advertising, networking and referrals, build a network of selected and targeted prospective candidates. Leverage online recruiting sources and in-house applicant tracking system to identify and recruit talent
- Review resumes for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Prescreen candidates and present synopsis and recommendations to hiring managers.
- Manage applicant tracking system ensuring system is regularly updated including applicant status throughout the process
- Support, develop and maintain a thorough understanding of LPL’s business model, culture, department needs and talent acquisition strategy
- Identify and recommend solutions to address challenges and/or opportunities and to streamline and improve recruiting processes
- Initiate and maintain excellent relations with the business and HR partners
The Expertise Were Looking For:
- 5+ years of full cycle corporate recruiting experience; experience working on high volume staffing initiatives, including previous financial services experience
- A track record of recruiting candidates in a high volume environment
- Performs successfully in a high change environment; Able to quickly and effectively transition between tasks. Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills; self-motivated and capable of working independently with a sense of urgency
- Proven relationship building, critical thinking and influencing skills
- Possesses a strategic and consultative approach to recruiting
- Experienced with both passive search and direct hiring
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Proven ability to directly source talent at all levels adopting and implementing creative sourcing methods
- Experience with a broad range of recruitment tools including web-based, candidate search databases, and social media. Knowledge of state and federal laws as they pertain to employment
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, internet recruiting tools, and applicant tracking systems; Workday Recruiting experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to manage, influence and challenge all levels of clients
Personal pride in delivering exceptional experiences to hiring managers, coworkers and candidates
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.