Senior Security Engineer (SDLC)Apply Job ID: R-002321 Date posted: 02/20/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Sr. Security Engineer (Project SDLC) must possess a deep and broad understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards in information security’s involvement in LPL’s overall Project SDLC. In addition, the Sr. Security Engineer will assist, when necessary, with research and analyses requested by management. Work is moderate to high in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues and provide project guidance as needed.
Key Job Functions
- Drive InfoSec’s involvement in all projects that come through LPL’s Project SDLC gating process
- On a regular basis, deliver ongoing reporting to management on InfoSec coverage in all projects that come through the PMO
- Work with all areas within Technology to collaborate on security requirements
- Implement processes for remediation improvement throughout the firm
- Take ownership and independently manage all technology issues with minimal oversight
- Conduct research for and respond to inquiries from internal and external points of contact
- Advise management on significant matters regarding business, internal programs and activities related to information security.
- Participate as an InfoSec coordination point on projects at the highest level of technical complexity.
- 5-10 years of information security experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Proven track record and experience in managing technology projects specifically InfoSec aspects, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Project management background
- Passion for the criticality of information security and its value to the company
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Industry Certifications – GIAC, CISM and/or CISSP – are a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.