Senior Support EngineerApply Job ID: R-006666 Date posted: 05/17/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations AZ-Remote , CA-San Diego
The Sr Application Support Engineer candidate will perform various Production Support Activities, Root Cause Determination, Performance Tuning and diagnostics of Windows Servers, IIS Web Sites, Tomcat Sites, MSFT SQL Servers 2005 – 2016, Vendor Applications and LPL Applications.
Provides 24x7 application and database production support. This includes but is not limited to the following activities:
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, and application design and debugging.
- Diagnose Performance and Capacity issues related to Windows Servers & Database Systems.
- Review code (C#, ASP, C++, Powershell, TSQL) and reverse engineer to determine fault and performance enhancements.
- Responsible for assisting with hardware sizing for Capacity & Performance.
- Proactively research and recommend enhancements to improve capacity, performance and reliability.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Windows 2003 and greater Server Architecture, Design & Maintenance
- ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
- Database Architecture, Design and Maintenance.
- Web Server, Web Service Design, and Coding experience.
- Proficient with C#, ASP, C++, TSQL, Powershell languages
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities & DMV’s.
- Excellent knowledge in system tables and system stored procedures using T-SQL.
- Experience with Web Server Tuning, IIS, Java, Tomcat, Apache.
- Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler, Windows Performance Monitoring utility and performance counters for monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Understanding of Web Server tuning and optimization for IIS, Tomcat, Apache.
- Java Beans, JMX
- Perfmon, Blackbox, Solarwinds, Tibco, APPWay, VMWare, Citrix
- Experience in installation and configuration of Cluster SQL Server in Active/Passive in SQL Server 2000/2012.
Experience and Education:
- 5 years of combined experience with Microsoft SQL Server Performance Tuning & Optimization.
- 5 Years of combined experience with C#, C++, ASP, Powershell languages.
- 5 Years of combined experience with IIS, Tomcat & Apache Web Servers.
- 3 Years of combined experience with Incident, Problem and Change Management Systems.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.