Senior UX Research AnalystApply Job ID: R-008719 Date posted: 02/11/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 17,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker/dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Research Department at LPL Financial is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our UX team. This individual will work with product managers, UI designers, and developers to bring innovative solutions to the hands of our advisors.
- Drive user-centered designs; translate user and business needs and technical capabilities into dynamic and innovative products that provide the best possible user experience.
- Develop test plans, workflows, user task analysis, personas, journey/experience maps, and low fidelity mock-ups.
- Lead in user research through every stage of the product lifecycle; planning and running usability studies, field visits, analyzing research reports, conducting heuristic evaluations, facilitating and moderating workshops, and performing low to high fidelity usability tests.
- Skilled in moderated interviews, unmoderated usability tests, surveys (we use Qualtrics), guerilla usability testing as well as qualitative and quantitative analysis methods.
- Present findings to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs between business goals, engineering challenges and customer experience.
- Develop guidelines, standards, and design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the customer-centered product development lifecycle.
- Evangelize the need for user experience within the organization
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
- Ability to deliver on small and large scale project needs.
- Strong strategic thinking skills as well as tactical execution.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 4 years of UX design experience producing engaging, usable, and effective design solutions
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.